An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? I like to believe it. There is nothing better than the first bite out of a perfectly mixed sweet yet sour, juicy Granny Smith apple. These are definitely my go-to snack, and I always have a few in my fridge for when I get a sweet tooth craving and am looking for something to munch on. But, since I eat one basically every day, now they’re getting kind of boring. I would switch to say a Honey Crisp or a Pacific Rose apple, but (as weird as it sounds) I’m too attached to my Granny Smiths. Sooo, I decided to experiment a little with these delicious and colorful wonders.
Here’s what I came up with, and its actually really really delicious! I like to call them “Cinnamon Baked Apple Chips”. Here’s what you do…
- Cut the apple into thin slices (however thin you prefer. The thinner the cut, the softer they’ll turn out)
- Lay them on a baking pan
- Shake cinnamon spice (or I’ve also tried cocoa powder) on top
- Drizzle atop a little bit of all natural honey
- Stick ‘em in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 365F
- Let them cool for about 5 minutes
There you have it! The cinnamon baked apple chips, cooked to perfection (if I do say so myself)! Super sweet, but you also get the slightly sour taste of a classic Granny Smith. It sort of reminds me of a healthy version of Apple Crisp.