Unfortunately, due to the lack of a TV in my college dorm room, this year I was unable to watch the Grammys Award Show. But don’t worry, I was able to catch up on all the juicy performances, drama, and (the best part..) fashion over breakfast this morning. And wow, from Beyonce’s performance, to Katy Perry’s lavender hair, to everything about Sia’s appearance (including her mini-me look-alike), it seems like I missed out on a pretty great show and red carpet. Most celebs killed it on the carpet with stunning ball gowns to sleek suits, but after lots of Instagram-stalking and google-image searching, here are my top best dressed at last night’s awards.
1. Beyonce- Okay, yeah, what else is new?! Queen B stunned in a black body-hugging lace gown, and pulled the look together with soft, minimal waves. Simple but elegant, B looked flawless.
2. Rihanna- Talk about a statement. To my surprise, the edgy star showed up on the carpet in a fluffy, pink ball gown, thanks to legend Giambattista Valli. Wavering from her usual style, she looked like the ultimate princess, and I was into it. Keeeep it up Ri Ri 😉
3. Taylor Swift- When it comes to elegance, style, and grace, Taylor kills it every single time. Wearing a teal halter-neck Elie Saab gown, she topped it off with fuchsia stripy sandals. Literally looked like an angel fallen from heaven.
4. Ciara- Let me tell you, I was not expecting anything from Ciara on this red carpet. I mean, hasn’t she been relatively MIA recently? I guess she thought otherwise, appearing in an asymmetric, striking black gown that actually looked like a piece of art- a stunning black-fiery-goddess.
5. Kim Kardashian- Favorite look of the night, by far. Maybe with Kanye’s help, she never fails to stun us— and with her new short cut and a gold Gaultier robe dress clutched with a belt at the waistline, last night was no different. The gold robe had dramatic beadings at the cuff, shoulders, and pockets. I’m not lying when I say I could stare at this number forever. It’s amazing, and I’m in love.