This past weekend, I took a four day trip back home to New York. I was in need of some fun and relaxing family time, and that’s just what I got. The weekend was filled with warm weather (finally!), lots of down time, and even more delicious food. On Sunday morning, my mom and I decided to create a big brunch for my whole family. It was such an exciting and fun affair because at school I’m deprived of good, home cooked meals, as well as being able to cook for myself and my family (which I lovvvvvve to do!). To make up for my deprivation, every time I’m home my mom and I like to do some fun cooking: The day before was guacamole (post coming soon), and last trip was a hazelnut-white chocolate cheese cake (absolutely amazing).
So, Sunday morning came around and my mom and I made a trip to the local A&P and got our fair share of groceries. We whipped up eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, fruit salad, and yoghurt. I don’t think we had enough food (ha). You name it, we had it.
The most exciting recipe on the menu was my own Cinnamon Raisin Nutella French Toast. I told my younger brother that I would come up with something ultra creative for him, and this is what came to mind. I stole a bite of his portion, and wow was I impressed with my skills. Here’s the super simple recipe:
- Cinnamon raison bread slices
- whisked egg
- Powdered Sugar
- Assorted Berries
1. Start heating a frying pan at medium-low heat, and spray with Pan.
2. Soak (basically drown) the bread slice(s) in whisked egg. The longer they soak, the more soggy they get (which I prefer- so I do about 5 minutes- but this is up to you).
3. Place the bread slice(s) onto the frying pan and cook for about 3 minutes on each side.
4. Take a scoop of Nutella and smother it on top of the bread (again- you choose how much).
5. Once the Nutella has melted a bit, place the french toast onto a plate.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar, and add your assorted berries.
And there you have it, the perfect Cinnamon Raisin Nutella French Toast!