One simple drug store product that I always have around is Vaseline. I started off using it simply as a lip moisturizer, to cure the dry/cracked lip syndrome that we all get when the colder months roll around. But, over the years I have started to use it for SO much more than that. What’s funny is that I created my own uses for it, but when I looked it up online, it seems that many people have had the same ideas as me. Who ever invented this gooey jelly-like paste is seriously a beauty genius. I’ve decided that I’m going to share with you guys some of the amazing hidden secrets I’ve found of this product.
- The obvious— it’s great for moisturizing chapped lips. But, who said you only had to limit it to your lips?! Vaseline works great for any dry spots or cracked skin.
- As I mentioned in an earlier post, you can create your own personal shades of blush, shadows, and lip balms by mixing it with powder.
- Before bed, I often rub it around my eyes and eyelashes. It highlights your skin, darkens and thickens your eyelashes, while moisturizing them too!
- Rub the jelly on your skin before spritzing your perfume, and the scent will last much longer! (who woulda thought?!)
- Whenever I have small little baby hairs and I’m deprived of any hair spray, I take a tiny amount of vaseline and just stick those untamed pieces down
- Ran out of your last bit of makeup remover? No worries, vaseline’ll do the trick.
So, next time you’re in your local drug store, be sure to stock up on this multitasking beauty product!